Britton A. McKay
Associate Dean for Students and External Relations and Professor of Accounting
- Ph.D. (Accounting Information Systems), Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 2007
- MAcc (Taxation), Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 2003
- BS (Accounting), Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 2001
- BS (Finance), Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 2001
Areas of Interest
- Accounting Information Systems
- Forensic Accounting
- Tax Practitioner/Application
Britton McKay is the associate dean for students and external affairs for the Parker College of Business. She earned her Ph.D. in accounting from Southern Illinois University in 2007 and joined the faculty of Georgia Southern University that same year. She was promoted to Professor in 2018 and joined the deans’ office in 2020.
McKay has co-authored over 20 publications in journals including Journal of Information Systems, Academy of Management Learning and Education, Journal of Taxation, and Journal of Accountancy. Her research has been cited hundreds of times in both academic circles and popular press. She is a very enthusiastic educator, committed to student success and career preparation. She is known for being an approachable problem solver in Parker College, and someone who truly cares for her students.
Parker College of Business room 2253D
Last updated: 6/9/2023