John F. Kohn
- MBA from Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA – 1993
- BA from Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA – 1969
- Have experience in beginning and operating franchise restaurants in the Statesboro area from 1983 through 2010.
- Burger King: Opened in 1983. Successful from the beginning and when sold did volume 90% above the national average.
- Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits: Bought the failing business in 1988. Turned the operation around by increasing sales from 35% below the national average to 25% above the national average. Won a Silver Plate award for being a Top 10 restaurant in the USA.
- Woody’s BBQ: Opened a Woody’s in 1991. This restaurant was closed after 3 years of operation. Was not able to crack the local market.
- Served on both national and local marketing advisory boards for all three franchises.
- Also have worked in product & market management for Burger King Corporation (Miami, FL) and the Alberto-Culver Company (Chicago, IL).
Born & raised in NYC. Lived in NYC, Chicago & Miami before moving to Statesboro in 1983. Met my bride in Chicago. Cyndi & I opened our business, raised our child and became part of the accepting & welcoming community here. We have lived the American dream.
Last updated: 8/14/2017