Earn an Interdisciplinary Certificate in Hospitality Management
No Emphasis Format: In person on the Statesboro Campus or the Armstrong Campus in Savannah
Emphasis Format: In person on the Statesboro Campus
Credit Hours: 124
Developed and offered by the Department of Management, Parker College of Business, and the School of Human Ecology, College of Behavioral and Social Sciences
The Interdisciplinary Certificate in Hospitality Management program at Georgia Southern University focuses on the knowledge and skills students need for careers in the Hospitality and Tourism industries. Students receive a solid, applied educational experience and exit the program with a realistic overview of Hospitality and Tourism and their potential careers in those areas. Coupled with an undergraduate degree from Georgia Southern University, this Certificate prepares students to enter managerial roles in any area of Hospitality and Tourism.
Get Started on a
Hospitality Management as a Career
A degree in hospitality management prepares you for more than managing hotels. Hospitality management is the gateway for any career related to tourism. If you are energetic, enthusiastic, and have a passion for people and service, the Parker College of Business’s hospitality management major is right for you.
Ready to Apply?
Or, you can:
Hospitality Management Career Options
- Convention/Conference Manager
- Hotel Owner/Operator
- Director of Special Events
- Restaurant Owner/Operator
Who Can Earn a Certificate in Hospitality Management?
Although most students enrolled in this program tend to be pursing either the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree with an emphasis in Hospitality Management or the Bachelor of Science (BS) in Recreation with an emphasis in Tourism and Community Leisure Services, any student enrolled at Georgia Southern University, regardless of degree program or major, is eligible to earn the Certificate. Students should have completed 60 hours of study in order to enter the certificate program and indicate their intent to pursue the Certificate by completing an application form. The successful student will earn a “B” or better in each course in the certificate program and complete all course and degree requirements to receive the Certificate at Commencement.
- Hospitality Industry Management I
- Tourism Management
(Choose 3 of the following)
- Hotel Operations
- Promoting the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Industry Management II
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Restaurant Management
- Hospitality Issues and Perspectives
- Leadership and Programming in Leisure Services
- Heritage Tourism
- International Tourism
- Resort and Commercial Recreation Operations
- Conference and Event Planning
What can I do with a Hospitality Management certification?
Our hospitality graduates have successful careers with:
- Sea Island Resort
- The Kessler Collection
- Marriott Corp
- The Ritz Carlton Hotel Company
- Southeastern Hospitality Services, Inc.
- Savannah Distributing Company
- Wolfgang Puck Catering
- The Bellagio Casino and Resort
- Taco Mac Restaurants
- City Winery
- Jekyll Brewing Company
- United Distributors
- Rutherford Wine Company
- Uncle Maddio’s Pizza
- Moe’s Southwest Grill
- Buckhead Life Restaurant Group
- Atlanta Braves
- American Express Global Business Travel
Internships help you better integrate academic knowledge with practical applications. Exposure to real world business practices and work environments can also help you decide which career path is right for you and help jump start your career before entering the workforce on a permanent basis.
Management students have recently been offered internships by
- Aspen Heights
- B&G Management, LLC
- Blue Tie Catering
- Capital Alliance Properties, LLC
- Cohen’s Retreat
- Draft Elite, Inc.
- East Georgia Regional Medical Center
- Georgia Lottery Corporation
- Georgia Southern Conference Services
- Greenville Turf & Tractor
- Hodges Management Co.
- Inviting Events
- Ivory & Beau
- Lawrence Plantation
- Minick Farms
- New South Farm Management
- NIIT USA, Inc.
- Nolan Transportation Group
- Parker College Events Office
- Rotary Corporation
- Sea Island Resorts
- The Sea Pines Resort
- Southeast Restoration Group
- The Parker Companies
- Walker Realty
- The Walt Disney Company
- Whitfield Sign Co.
- World Trade Center Savannah
Last updated: 5/19/2023