General MBA Requirements: 30 hours
A student admitted to the College of Graduate Studies as a prospective candidate for the Master of Business Administration degree must present evidence of satisfactory completion (a minimum grade of “C”) of the following prerequisite course content in Business Administration. The prerequisite requirements for admission to the MBA program may be completed by taking online modules, the appropriate undergraduate courses from Georgia Southern, or an equivalent course from another accredited college or university.
- Accounting & Control/ Financial Accounting
- Business Statistics
- Business Economics
- Principles of Corporate Finance
Required Courses: 27 hours
- ACCT 7230 – Accounting for Executives (3)
- BUSA 7130 – International Business (3)
- BUSA 7530 – Global Business Strategy (3) (Prereqs: ACCT 7230, FINC 7231, MGNT 7430, MKTG 7431)
- CISM 7330 – Information Technology Management (3)
- FINC 7231 – Financial Problems (3)
- MGNT 7330 – Leadership and Motivation (3)
- MGNT 7331 – Managerial Decision Analysis (3) (required to be taken in the first semester)
- MGNT 7430 – Management of Operations for Competitive Advantage (3)
- MKTG 7431 – Strategic Marketing Management (3)
MBA Electives: 3 hours
Selected from 7000-level courses offered by the College of Business Administration or from approved electives offered elsewhere in the University. An internship may account for an elective.
NOTE: ALL ELECTIVE COURSES TAKEN FOR CREDIT TOWARD COMPLETION OF ANY MASTERS LEVEL DEGREE PROGRAM IN THE COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION MUST BE APPROVED BY HIS/HER ADVISOR AND MUST INCLUDE ONLY THOSE COURSES RESERVED EXCLUSIVELY FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS.
Last updated: 4/8/2013