Online Graduate ERP Certificate
The Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) Certificate program at Georgia Southern University focuses on the knowledge and skills students need for careers in organizations that rely on ERP systems to support key business processes. Students in the program will receive a solid, applied enterprise systems educational experience and will exit the program with a realistic overview of ERP systems and hands-on experience using SAP.
The ERP Certificate program consists of five 3-credit-hour graduate-level CISM courses. All five courses will be delivered fully online, two during the 1st Semester, two during the 2nd Semester, and one course in the 3rd semester.
In ERP Certificate program admitted students are assigned to a cohort for which there will be prescribed courses. Students in the ERP Certificate program who enter other graduate programs at the university, such as the MBA, MAcc, and MS in Applied Engineering may be able to use some or all of the ERP Certificate courses to satisfy degree requirements.
The ERP Certificate program is designed to assist students in preparing for and passing SAP’s TERP10 certification exam, which is administered on the 10th day of a TERP10 SAP Academy. Students who pass the certification test will be listed in SAP’s database of certified business practitioners. The TERP10 certification is recognized worldwide and a continuing global shortage of skilled SAP workers will enable students who earn the ERP Certificate to compete for a wide range of jobs.
Admission to the ERP Certificate program is competitive. The ERP Certificate program’s admission committee reviews applications on an individual basis looking at both the quantitative and qualitative aspects of the applicant’s academic background and professional experience (if applicable). The committee seeks to assess each applicant’s potential for academic success in an online graduate program based on the following:
- Admission to the Georgia Southern University College of Graduate Studies (COGS) as a Non-Degree Certificate student. This requires the following:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a college accredited by the proper regional association with a 2.7 (4.0 scale) cumulative grade point average or higher on undergraduate work.
- Official copies of all undergraduate and graduate, if appropriate, transcripts.
- An updated resume that includes the following: a) Work history, b) Education history, c) Professional experiences related to the academic program, and d) Contact information of a minimum of three references.
- A personal statement that includes a description of career goals and reasons for applying to the graduate ERP Certificate program.
- Students whose first language is not English and who have not studied extensively in English must submit official TOEFL scores. TOEFL scores of at least 80 (internet-based), 213 (computer-based, or 550 (paper-based) are required for admission to the ERP Certificate program. TOEFL scores must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to Georgia Southern University.
- Students who are not U.S. citizens must provide a photocopy of their VISA or permanent resident alien cards and satisfy all other admission requirements specified by COGS for international students.
- Students interested in applying course credit earned while completing the ERP Certificate toward the requirements for an MBA, MAcc, or MS in Applied Engineering degree must also satisfy the admission requirements for that degree program.
SAP uses the phrase “The best run companies run SAP” as a selling point. The truth underlying this phrase has resulted in SAP becoming the world’s largest business software company in terms of revenue’s. SAP is currently used by more than 35,000 companies and with new products targeting small and medium enterprises (SMEs), SAP’s customer base will eclipse 100,000 companies by 2010.
This rapid growth has resulted in a shortage of SAP talent in the marketplace. Industry experts currently estimate a SAP talent shortage of 30,000 to 40,000 and The Gartner Group predicts that more than new 400,000 SAP-skilled employees will be needed by SAP user organizations between now and 2015.
Georgia Southern University’s ERP Certificate Program signifies that you have completed SAP-approved courses that include significant hands-on experience with SAP. A minimum of 30% of each SAP University Alliance-approved course is devoted to in-depth exposure to SAP. This translates into developing skill sets that can give you a competitive advantage in the job market – including multiple career options in business and IT, more managerial opportunities, and higher salaries. Because individuals with SAP skills are highly sought after, they receive pay increases that outpace the market.
- Fifteen (15) credit hour program
- Approximately 25 students in each cohort
- All required courses delivered entirely online
Dr. Camille Rogers
Georgia Southern University- Graduate ERP Program Coordinator
PO Box 7998
Statesboro, GA 30460-7998
Phone: (912) 478-0194
Send Transcripts to:
Georgia Southern University
College of Graduate Studies
ATTN: Naronda Wright
PO Box 8024
Statesboro, GA 30460-8024
||Suggested Program of Study
||CISM 7231 – ERP Business Process Analysis using SAP (3)
CISM 7335 – Business Intelligence & Performance Management Systems (3)
||CISM 7331 – Enterprise Systems Analysis (3)
CISM 7235 – ERP Customizations for SAP (3)
OR CISM 7336 – Enterprise Information Systems (3)
||CISM 7339 – ERP Certification Review (3)
Admissions to the ERP Certificate program is competitive. The committee seeks to assess applicants based on the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a computing discipline
- 2.7 cumulative GPA or higher
- Official copies of all transcripts
- Resume with three references
- Personal statement that includes career goals and reason for application
Graduate Application Deadlines:
- for FALL Cohort, June 15th deadline
- for SPRING Cohort: November 15th deadline
|Tuition Rates & Fees
|Graduate Online Tuition Rate
Last updated: 3/3/2020