Credit For CISM 2530 (Excel/Access) by Proficiency
If you have substantial knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Access or have passed the Microsoft Office Specialist: Expert certification exams (MO-201 and MO-500), you can receive credit for CISM 2530. If you can demonstrate proficiency either by presentation of successfully passing the Microsoft Certification Exams or by passing our in-house proficiency exam you can receive credit for CISM 2530.
Here’s the process to follow to get credit:
Do not pay the test fee before receiving approval from the Office of the Registrar and the department chair.
- Click on Proficiency Examination Form, select CISM 2530, sign and date the form and click ‘Submit’.
- The form will then go to the Office of the Registrar and the Department Chair of Enterprise Systems and Analytics for the necessary approvals.
- If your proficiency request is approved by both offices, you will receive an email requesting that you pay a test fee of $15 for the proficiency exam process.
- Once the test fee is paid, please attach the receipt of payment to the form noted in the email. Do not pay the test fee before receiving approval from the Office of the Registrar and the Department Chair. The approval will be sent within this form.
- a) If you have proof of passing the Microsoft Certification exams (both MO-201 and MO-500), present them to the Department Chair of Enterprise Systems and Analytics for the necessary signoffs. The Department Chair will then execute step 9.
b) If you will be taking the in-house proficiency exam, you will be notified of options as to dates and times to take the exam. You will select one of these times.
- There are many ways to prepare for the exam. If you previously took CISM 2530 and you still have access to SIMnet, you can review the exercises from the course to practice. You may also take advantage of some of the free training available for you.
- Microsoft provides training at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/excel-video-training-9bc05390-e94c-46af-a5b3-d7c22f6990bb.
- Excel tutorial for beginners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl0H-qTclOg
- Alternately you can use many of the pay courses such as Udemy:
- When you arrive at the testing site, you will need to pay $31.72 via credit card to gain access to the exam software. You will then take the exam.
- Once the examiner submits ‘Satisfactory’ examination results, credit should be posted to the student’s academic record by the Office of the Registrar within 5-7 business days.
Last updated: 8/25/2023