Economics Honor Society
Omicron Delta Epsilon: International Honors Society for Economics
The Department of Economics is proud to offer membership in the Rho Chapter of Georgia Omicron Delta Epsilon International Honors Society in Economics. Omicron Delta Epsilon is a highly acclaimed honors society with over 670 chapters worldwide.
Benefits of Omicron Delta Epsilon Membership
- International recognition of scholastic achievement in economics
- A publication outlet for promising undergraduate and graduate student papers in The American Economist, the journal of Omicron Delta Epsilon
- Closer academic and professional relationships with the faculty at your university
- Closer professional and social relationships with fellow ODE members at your university
- Closer professional and social relationships with ODE members at other universities with Omicron Delta Epsilon chapters
- ODE-sponsored meetings at the annual conventions of regional, national and international associations
- Eligibility to compete for the Frank Taussig and Irving Fisher Awards (both cash prizes and publication of essays)
- Eligibility to compete for the Outstanding Student Leader Award
- One-year subscription to The American Economist
What are the membership criteria for ODE?
Student membership into ODE will be based on the following criteria:
- Students must have completed at least 70 hours with an overall GPA of “B” (3.0) or better
- Students must have completed at least 12 credit hours of upper economics courses with a GPA of “B” (3.0) or better
- Students must have completed two of the three following courses: ECON 3050, ECON 3060, ECON 3700
ODE application forms may be picked up at the front desk of the economics department or from Dr. Mangee’s office located in Hawes 208G. Return completed applications to Dr. Mangee along with a check for $40 made out to Department of Economics at Armstrong State University.
Last updated: 5/29/2018